Following each year's release of Oscar nominations, there are always a few glaring omissions that stand out and make the list of that year's biggest snubs by the Academy. This year is no different, though while Monday morning's reveal of the nominees ahead of the 92nd Academy Awards ceremony (set for February 9) offers a workman-like rundown of some of the milestone achievements of the film industry over the past year, you could argue that there does seem to be a few more head-scratching oversights and puzzling snubs than usual.
Snubs like Adam Sandler getting denied a nomination for his portrayal of a sleazy jeweler who gets in way over his head in A24's utterly fantastic Uncut Gems. Same with Frozen 2, released in November, which brought back beloved characters like Elsa, Anna, and Olaf paired with a great story and memorable songs. The movie is the top-grossing animated movie of all time -- and yet, somehow, it didn't deserve a nomination in this year's best animated feature category?
BGR Top Deals:
- Todays best deals: $5 Alexa smart plugs, $25 Fire TV Stick 4K, $16 Wi-Fi extender, $19 Echo Dot for cars, AirPods deals, more
- 10 deals you dont want to miss on Sunday: Surprise Fire TV Stick 4K sale, $20 headphones, windproof umbrella, more
Trending Right Now:
- Massive leak mightve just revealed PlayStation 5 release date, pricing, and much more
- Top Apple insider debunks the worst iPhone 12 rumor weve heard so far
- 10 best Black Friday deals you can somehow still get right now on Amazon
Oscar nominations 2020: Adam Sandler, Frozen 2, and 5 more crazy snubs originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 14:13:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.