- Sony unveiled a new tagline called 'Ready for PlayStation 5' that will be applied to TVs that are capable to showcasing next-gen PS5 games as they were meant to be seen.
- The first two 'Ready for PlayStation 5' TVs are Sony's X900H 4K HDR Full Array LED (which starts at $999) and Z8H 8K HDR Full Array LED (which starts at $5,999).
- Preorders for Sony's PS5 are rumored to begin in August ahead of a November release date.
You can't preorder a PS5 quite yet, but the first official 'Ready for PlayStation 5' televisions are already on the market. On Wednesday, Sony Electronics announced that it had created a new 'Ready for PlayStation 5' tagline in partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment to make it easy for future PS5 owners to determine which TVs will be able to take full advantage of the next-gen console's specs and features when it launches this holiday season.
In a press release, Sony revealed that the X900H 4K HDR Full Array LED and Z8H 8K HDR Full Array LED models are the first TVs to carry the tagline. According to Sony, the X900H "displays gameplay images of up to 4K resolution at 120 fps with a very low input lag of 7.2ms," while the Z8H "is capable of displaying incredibly detailed 8K resolution images while also showcasing 4K resolution gameplay images at super-smooth 120 fps."
Today's Top Deals
- You can only score these 10 killer Amazon deals if you have Prime
- Clorox hand sanitizer that’s even stronger than Purell is in stock at Amazon
- Build the ultimate home gym for less than you think with these 5 Amazon deals
Trending Right Now:
- Dr. Fauci wants you to wear something else with your face mask
- Fauci says coronavirus cases in these 4 states are finally ‘coming back down’
- These cells were dormant for 100 million years, but they’re alive again
Sony says that these TVs are ‘Ready for PlayStation 5’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 21:10:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.