- A job listing from Sony Interactive Entertainment states that the PS5 will launch in October 2020.
- Sony has yet to announce a release window more specific than "holiday 2020," and has denied that the listing is accurate, claiming that the recruitment site made a mistake.
- Both the PS3 and PS4 launched in mid-November in 2006 and 2013, respectively.
- Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.
After a few weeks of radio silence, both Microsoft and Sony have begun to share more information about the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Last week, Microsoft hosted a next-gen gameplay showcase that offered us a glimpse at multiple third-party titles that will launch on Xbox Series X in the months to come, and on Tuesday, Sony unveiled the logo and opening video for the new PlayStation Studios brand that will unite its first-party teams.
More details will be shared in the coming weeks, as Microsoft has already announced that it will hold events once a month leading up to the launch of the Xbox Series X this holiday season, but Sony has yet to share its plans. All that we have to go on are leaks and rumors, and while chances are that Sony has yet to nail down a precise release date for the PS5, a recently uncovered job listing claims the console will be out in October 2020.
Today's Top Deals
- 10 Prime-exclusive deals available right now at Amazon
- Amazon’s best-selling coronavirus face masks and hand sanitizers are back in stock
- The 78¢ coronavirus face masks everyone swarms Amazon for are in stock
Trending Right Now:
- The next stimulus check might be $5,000, but there’s a huge catch
- Walmart’s running a big sale you didn’t even know about – here are the 10 best deals
- You might never stop staring at this foldable iPhone Flip video
PS5 release date might have just been leaked by Sony originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 12 May 2020 at 14:01:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.