Starting in January 2018, Community Day is a monthly event in Pokémon GO that shines the spotlight on a particular Pokémon. For one day each month, a Pokémon selected by Niantic will have its spawn rate increased during a block of hours. Also, the Shiny appearance rate for the starring Pokémon will be boosted. There are also other perks to Community Day – such as the featured Pokémon knowing at least one exclusive attack through evolution, increased duration for Lure Modules, Event Boxes, and more.
While Community Day is only one day a month (typically), Pokémon appearing in Community Days from January to November of the same calendar year will come back in December. The Community Day hosted in December is a two-day event where Community Day Pokémon from the same and previous year will return via Raids, Eggs, and increased spawns. So if you’re unable to partake in a specific Community Day, there’s always another chance to catch that Pokémon again (and its Shiny version)!
In addition to that, Niantic brought back Community Days of old with Community Day Classic! Debuting in January 2022, this spin-off event resembled Community Days from 2018, but with some additional event bonuses (namely photobomb encounters).
Please note that the standard hours for Community Day have changed. Niantic has started to use the old “11 a.m. to 2 p.m. OR 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time” block for Community Day events going forward, starting with April 2022. In addition to this, starting with June 2022, a five-hour-long Raid-focused event called Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day has been implemented. Due to this “sub-event”, the evolution time to get the Community Day exclusive move has been extended.
When will Pokémon GO’s September 2022 Community Day take place?
September 2022’s Community Day will be happening on Sunday, September 18th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
The Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day “sub-event” will be happening right after – Sunday, September 18th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time.
What Pokémon is showcased during September 2022‘s Community Day?
The Pokémon featured for this September 2022’s Community Day is Roggenrola. You’ll find that Roggenrola will be appearing more frequently in the wild and, if you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny one!
What is the exclusive attack for September 2022’s Community Day?
Evolve Roggenrola into Boldore into Gigalith (via up to 250 Roggenrola Candies – 50 from Roggenrola to Boldore, and 200 from Boldore to Gigalith OR trade to evolve with a friend for no Candies) and you’ll have a Gigalith that will know Meteor Beam (Charged Attack).
Meteor Beam’s attack stats are the following:
- Trainer Battles: 120 power and guaranteed to increase the user’s Attack.
- Gyms and Raids: 140 power.
Note: This attack can only be learned when Boldore is evolved in Gigalith (via 200 Roggenrola Candies or trading) on Sunday, September 18th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time.
Are there any bonuses for September 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, the bonuses for Community Day are:
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- 1/4 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during the event period.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise! (Roggenrola photobomb spawn. Can be repeated up to 5 times.)
- Trades made will require 50% less Stardust (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time).
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of three for the day (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time).
This Community Day overlaps with the Test Your Mettle event. The following bonuses might also be in effect:
- Increased chance to receive Candy for successfully catching Pokémon with Nice Throws, Great Throws, and Excellent Throws.
- Increased chance to receive Candy XL for successfully catching Pokémon with Nice Throws, Great Throws, and Excellent Throws.
What is the Special Research Story for September 2022‘s Community Day?
The Community Day Special Research Story is called Rock ‘n’ Roll. It’s a paid-for quest that costs $1.00 USD (or the equivalent pricing in your local currency). A complete list of tasks and rewards for this Special Research Story will be added once the event is live.
Are there any special Raids for September 2022‘s Community Day?
For September 2022’s Community Day, there will be a special Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event.
On Sunday, September 18th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time special Four-Star Raids featuring Boldore will be appearing at Gyms.
Four-Star Raid Bonuses
- Defeating a Boldore Raid during this event will cause Roggenrola to appear in a 300-meter (about 984.252 ft) radius around the Gym (where the Raid took place at) for 30 minutes.
- Shiny rates for Roggenrola will be the same as September 2022 Community Day’s event from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
Four-Star Raid Limitations
- These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
- Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Are there any Event Bundles for September 2022‘s Community Day?
There will be some Event Bundles available during the event. A full list will be added here once Community Day is active.
- Community Day Box (??? PokéCoins)
Are there any special event-themed stickers for September 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes – there will be an assortment of Roggenrola, Boldore, and Gigalith-themed stickers. You can get them by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and/or purchasing them from Pokémon GO’s in-game shop during the event.
Are there any other bonuses/tasks for September 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, Niantic has begun to host In-Person Activations with Community Ambassadors and Virtual Activations in select cities. For a full list of available locations, you can check out the interactive map on the dedicated Community Day Map page. Interactive maps also include “Community Parks”, but these locations will not have any additional bonuses available.
- In-Person Activations: Can easily partake in the Group Play Bonus and/or receive other perks (such as free swag if there’s an Amazon Prime rep on site).
- Virtual Activations: PokéStops will give out more items.
More Pokémon GO Community Day guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO’s Community Days? Check out our latest guides!
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!